Taro Coconut Milk with Tapioca Pearls
|6 c water (for tapioca pearls)
||cook, covered, for 5 minutes
||rest, covered, for 30 minutes
||rinse with cold water
|1 c tapioca pearls
|6 c water (for taro)
||simmer on medium-low 15 minutes
|2½ c taro, skinned and diced
|1 can of coconut milk
|1 c rock sugar
- Bring first 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in sago pearls, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 30 minutes.
- Rinse pearls with cold water and set aside.
- Bring second 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Add taro to water, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until softened.
- Add coconut milk and sugar to taro water, stirring until dissolved.
- Bring taro to a boil and stir in tapioca pearls.
Stolen from thejanechannel.