|2½ medium eggplants
||cut into 1″ cubes
||rest for 30 minutes
||spread on baking sheet
||bake about 45 minutes at 375°, tossing occasionally
|2 cloves of garlic
|½ t salt
|2–3 T vegetable oil
- Cut the eggplant into 1″ cubes and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic and oil over eggplant.
- Toss well and allow to sit for 30 minutes for flavours to blend.
- Spread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. They'll roast better with a little space between them.
- Roast at 375° for about 45 minutes, tossing a few times during roasting. Roast until the cubes are brown and the insides creamy.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes one pan of roasted eggplant cubes.
Stolen from Fresh Bites Daily
Place 1 pound of cooled eggpant into a medium freezer bag. Freeze. You can get 9–10 bags out of a
bushel of eggplant.