Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
|¼ c palm shortening, ghee, or grass-fed butter
||cream in food processor
||mix in food processor
||place golf-ball sized balls on cookie sheet
||flatten to final desired shape
||bake 9–12 minutes at 350°F
|¼ c coconut palm sugar
|2 T honey
|1 large egg at room temperature
|2 t vanilla
|1½ c blanched almond flour
|2 T coconut flour
|½ t baking soda
|¼ t salt
|½ c chocolate chips
- In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place golf-ball sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with a flat-bottomed glass, the palm, or your hand or a spatula. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want before baking them.
- Bake for 9–12 minutes at 350°F, until slightly golden around the edges.
Stolen from Against All Grain