Raspberry Rhubarb Almond Frangipane Bars
|1 c (96 g) blanched almond flour
||press in pan
||bake for 40 minutes at 350°F
|2 T tapioca flour
|2 T coconut sugar
|⅛ t salt
|2 T (28 g) coconut oil, melted
|¾ c (110 g) unsalted raw almonds
|1 T tapioca flour
|¼ t kosher salt
|⅓ c coconut sugar
|5 T (70 g) coconut oil, solid
|1 large egg
|1 t vanilla
|1 c chopped rhubarb, cut into 1″ thick slices
|1 c fresh raspberries
|1 t lemon zest
|1 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8″ square pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, salt, and melted coconut oil until fully combined, and there’s no dry flour remaining.
- Press the crust evenly in the pan.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the almonds, tapioca flour, kosher salt, and coconut sugar to a powder (or as fine as you can make it).
- Add the coconut oil and process until no longer visible.
- Add the egg and vanilla, blending until completely incorporated, and a smooth paste is formed.
- Spread the filling evenly over the almond crust.
- Toss the fruit with the lemon zest and juice.
- Press fruit gently into almond paste.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until set and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Keep any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Shamelessly stolen from Bakerita