Pie Crust (Crisco No Fail Pastry)
|2 c (272g) all-purpose flour
|¾ t salt
|190 g shortening
|1–2 T cold water
|1 T white vinegar
- Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut shortening into flour until mixture is uniform and shortening resembles large peas.
- Beat egg, water, and vinegar together.
- Pour liquid evenly over flour mixture.
- Stir with a fork until all of the mixture is moistened.
- Divide dough in half, roll into a ball, and flatten each into a ball about 10 cm in diameter.
- Wrap and chill dough 15 minutes for easier rolling.
Stolen from an old Crisco package insert.