Macadamia and Coconut Clusters
|10 oz (315 g) milk chocolate, preferably European, chopped
||cool over lukewarm water
|3 oz (90 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
|2 c (10 oz/315 g) coarsely chopped lightly salted roasted
|1½ c (6 oz/185 g) sweetened shredded coconut, lightly
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper
- Place both chocolates in the top pan of a double boiler or in a
heatproof bowl. Set over (but not touching) hot (not simmering)
water. Heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Pour out the hot water from the bottom pan and replace it with
lukewarm water. Replace the top pan or heatproof bowl. Let the
chocolate stand uncovered, stirring frequently, until it cools
slightly and begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the macadamia nuts and coconut into the chocolate, mixing
- Using a small spoon, scoop out slightly rounded
teaspoonfuls of the mixture and drop onto the prepared sheet, spacing
evenly. Refrigerate uncovered until set, about 2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1
month or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Makes about 4 dozen
Shamelessly stolen from the Williams-Sonoma
Gifts from the Kitchen, recipes by Kristine Kidd