Ed's Famous Seafood Chowder
|butter for frying
|3 big potatoes
||1 12 oz can frozen lobster
|1 can clams
|1 can mushrooms
|½ lb haddock
|175 g sea scallops
|½ lb baby shrimp
|¼ oyster sauce
|1½ c 10% cream
- Cube potatoes.
- Add clam and lobster juice to a Dutch oven, squeezing lobster can well.
- Boil potatoes in clam and lobster juice until almost cooked. Do not drain.
- Drain mushrooms, discarding juice.
- Dice onions and fry with butter.
- Cook lobster meat in butter.
- Cut larger scallops into manageable pieces.
- Add onions, lobster, clams, mushrooms, haddock, scallops, and shrimp to Dutch oven.
- Add pepper and oyster sauce to Dutch oven.
- Cook on low until seafood is done.
- Cool chowder.
- Optional - refigerated and eat the next day.
- Add creeam to chowder and reheat.
Makes about 8 bowls.
Stolen from Ed.