- What’s the coolest Python application, framework or library you have discovered in 2009?
- What new programming technique did you learn in 2009?
I'm not sure if this counts as a technique, but I recently found (and found a use for) Jean-Paul S. Boodhoo's Static Gateway Pattern. At the Day Job, we have a lot of hard-coded dependencies and reliance on well-known static methods for authorization. The Static Gateway Pattern made it easy to provide an injectable implementation without rewriting the whole application. I expect it to continue to be useful, at least until we take the time to introduce a full Inversion of Control container.
- What’s the name of the open source project you contributed the most in 2009? What did you do?
I didn't, really. Unless you count LibraryHippo. I've an interest in working on Noda Time, but I haven't managed to yet.
- What was the Python blog or website you read the most in 2009?
- What are the three top things you want to learn in 2010?