Steamed Salmon in Black Bean Sauce
|2 T black bean sauce
|1 T dark sesame oil
|1 T chopped fresh ginger root
|½ t pepper
|2 T frozen orange juice concentrate
|2 T water
|4 6-oz (180 g) salmon or sea bass fillets, about 1 inch thick
|2 green onions, finely chopped
|2 T finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Set up a steaming unit by placing crisscrossed sets of chopsticks
in the bottom of a wok or by placing a small rack in the bottom of a
large, deep skillet. Fill with boiling water up to the rack or
- Combine black bean sauce, sesame oil, ginger, pepper, orange juice
concentrate, and water.
- Pat fish dry and place in a single layer in an 8″/1.5 L
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Put fish dish on steaming apparatus. Cover tightly (use foil if
wok or skillet doesn't have a tight-fitting lid).
- Steam fish over high heat for 10 minutes, or until just
- Sprinkle fish with green onions and cliantro.
Variation: if steaming isn't desired or practical, the fish can be
covered with foil and baked at 425°F/220°C for 10 minutes, or just until
it is cooked through.
Shamelessly stolen from In the Kitchen
with Bonnie Stern.