|2 T vegetable oil
||bake 20 minutes at 300°F
|1½ t ground cumin
|¼ t cayenne pepper
|2½ c (10-12 oz/315 - 375 g) nuts
|2 T granulated sugar
|1 t salt
- Preheat an oven to 300°F
- Place the nuts in a bowl
- Pour the oil into a small, heavy saucepan and place over
medium-low heat until warm.
- Add the cumin and cayenne and stir until the mixture is aromatic,
about 15 seconds
- Pour the flavoured oil over the nuts.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir to coat evenly
- Tranfer the nuts to a baking pan
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are toasted, about 20
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks
Makes about 2½ cups
They are best served hot, so enclose a gift card saying to spread
on a baking sheet and reheat in a 300°F oven for about 5 minutes.
Shamelessly stolen from the Williams-Sonoma
Gifts from the Kitchen, recipes by Kristine Kidd