Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies
|1½ c all-purpose flour
||bake 10–12 minutes at 375°F
||cool on rack
|1 t baking powder
|½ t kosher salt
|¼ t baking soda
|½ c unsalted butter, room temperature
|¾ c packed light brown sugar
|½ c white sugar
|¼ c powdered sugar
|2 large egg yolks
|1 large egg
|1 t vanilla extract
|8 oz coarsely chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
|flaky sea salt
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, 3–4 minutes.
- Add egg yolks, egg, and vanilla. Beat, occassionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, until mixture is pale and fluffy, 4–5 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients, mixing just to blend.
- Using a spatula, fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough on to 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing 1″ apart.
- Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until just golden brown around the edges, 10–12 minutes (the cookies will firm up as they cool).
- Cool slightly on racks.
Makes 24 cookies
Stolen from Holiday Entertaining Condé Nast special edition, Fall/Winter 2013