Pumpkin Spice Cookies
|1 c (6 oz) raisins
||mix until just combined
||put on cookie sheet
||bake 22-24 minutes
|½ c (2 oz) walnuts, chopped
|2½ c all-purpose flour
|1 t baking soda
|¼ t salt
|1 t cinnamon
|1 t nutmeg
|1 c dark brown sugar, not really packed
|½ c white sugar
|¾ c salted butter, softened
|1 large egg
|1 t pure vanilla extract
|1 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and
nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a large bowl blend sugars.
- Add butter to sugars and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture, raisins, and walnuts. Blend at low speed
until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1½ inches
- Bake 22-24 minutes at 300°F until cookies are slightly brown
- Immediately use a spatula to transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.
Yield: 2½ dozen
Shamelessly adapted from Mrs. Fields Cookie
Book, by Debbi Fields