Chocolate Ice Cream, Philadelphia-Style
|2¼ c (560 mL) heavy cream
||freeze in ice cream maker
|6 T (50 g) unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
|1 c (200 g) sugar
|pinch of salt
|6 oz (170 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
|1 c (250 mL) whole milk
|1 t vanilla extract
- Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large
- Heat the mixture, whisking, until it comes to a full boil and
- Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate until completely
- Whisk in milk and vanilla.
- Blend mixture until very smooth.
- Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Freeze in ice cream maker.
shamelessly stolen from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz