|2 c all-purpose flour
||bake 18-20 minutes at 300°F
|¼ t salt
|1 t baking soda
|½ c dark brown sugar, packed
|½ c white sugar
|¾ c salted butter, softened
|1 large egg
|2 t vanilla extract
|1 c crispy rice cereal
|1½ c (6 oz) coarsely chopped crispy rice chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, and soda. Mix well.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture, rice cereal, and chocolate chunks. Blend at
low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
Yield: 3 dozen
Shamelessly stolen from Mrs. Fields Cookie
Book, by Debbi Fields