Fancy Chocolate Chunk-Oatmeal Cookies
|1 c all-purpose flour
||bake 17 minutes at 350°F
||cool on a wire rack
|½ t ground cinnamon
|½ t baking powder
|¼ t salt
|1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
|1 c firmly packed golden brown sugar
|1 T finely grated orange zest
|1 t vanilla extract
|3 c rolled oats
|1 c (4 oz/125 g) chopped walnuts
|6 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 c (6 oz)
semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Butter baking sheets.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and
salt; set aside.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Using an
electric mixer set on high speed, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, orange zest and vanilla and again beat until light
- Reduce the speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until well
- Beat in the oats, walnuts, and chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up the batter by rounded spoonfuls and
shape into balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2
- Bake until golden brown, about 17 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Makes about 3 dozen
Shamelessly stolen from the Williams-Sonoma
Gifts from the Kitchen, recipes by Kristine Kidd